#HEALTH4CLIMATE | a learning series towards climate action in South-east Asia
Strengthen and expand your knowledge and commitments towards a healthier, more equitable and climate-resilient future in this learning series developed by Health Care Without Harm Southeast Asia's Climate and Health Program through the RISE South East Asia Alliance for Health and Climate.
The #Health4Climate series aims to:
- Spotlight the health impacts of the crisis and the urgent need to build resilience and transition to low-carbon and sustainable health systems;
- zero in on concrete and innovative actions we need to take to address the challenges of the crisis; and,
- engage with policymakers, health professionals, health systems, communities, and other organizations to strengthen and synergize actions in interconnected areas within climate and health.
Last May 5, we kicked-off this series with a virtual town-hall for the Philippines in line with the theme of this year’s Earth Day entitled “A Vote for the Environment and People’s Health” (recording can be found here). But we have more in store!
SAVE THE DATE!
May 5, 2022 - 2022 Philippine Elections #Health4Climate Special; A vote for the Environment and People's Health (recording and presentations here)
June 15, 2022 - Roundtable Discussion on Healthcare Climate Resilience in South East Asia (recording and presentations here)
July 2022 - Fostering affirming and resilient LGBTQIA Healthcare (register here)
July 2022 - Coping with the Climate Crisis: moving from anxiety to action for the planet and our health (register here)
August 2022 - Vector-borne diseases in a changing climate (register here)
September 2022 - Air pollution, climate change, and health in South and South East Asia (register here)
October 13, 2022 - COP27 #Health4Climate Special; Southeast Asia on the Road to COP27 (recording and presentations here)
Stay tuned on this page and our social media platforms for more sessions from October to December of 2022!
This learning series is free and open to:
- Members of the RISE South East Asia Alliance for Health and Climate
- Representatives from ministries of health, climate change commission/offices
- Representatives from climate-vulnerable communities
- Select members of the Global Green and Healthy Hospitals (GGHH) network and participants of the Health Care Climate Challenge (HCCC) in the region
- Other health professionals and educators, and climate and environmental advocates
For more info regarding this initiative, please contact email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org